3 peas in a pod

3 peas in a pod

Monday, September 14, 2009

Joseph the kindergartener













Joseph stuggled the most with kindergarten starting. He was the kid that I thought would be easy going and enjoy making new friends.... especially boy friends. That is not the way things went. He cried the first 5 days of school. At least he cried while I was there and once in his classroom the tears stopped and he enjoyed the day. 2 mornings he ran out of his classroom crying and looking for me, only to be followed by his teacher running after him. One morning they wanted me to leave them at the front door. Everyone gave me a kiss and walked into the gym, as I turned to walk away I heard Joe running after me and yes, crying. I was amazed that he made it all the way out the front doors of the school. When I asked him what his favorite part of the day was he said "the whole day, except the getting there." I had just as many mornings of crying as he did. I felt horrible that he was struggling and for the first time in his life he was having to do it all by himself. I am happy to say that he is finally enjoying school and has made some new friends. Now when I drop him off I wait for his class to leave the gym and then he gives me the wave to leave. It always comes with a smile. A smile that melts my heart and has me excited to pick him up.

No comments: